People who want to start their own business get excited at the prospect of being their own boss, seeing their ideas evolve into reality and earning large profits.
But ask yourself:
- Do you have a good business plan?
- Is the necessary funding in place?
- If a technology business, is your intellectual property protected?
- Do you have a proper commercial space?
- Do you have the proper business structure (sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation)?
An experienced business lawyer will prove to be valuable in guiding you through the many legal steps in the process. Please do not hesitate to contact me or any other member of our business law group for more information.
John S. Grant
Associate – Business Law Group
Disclaimer: This article is provided as an information resource. This article should not be relied upon to make decisions and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified legal professional. In all cases, contact your legal professional for advice on any matter referenced in this document before making decisions. Any use of this document does not constitute a lawyer-client relationship. Please note that this information is current only to the date of posting. The law is constantly changing and always evolving.