W. Ormond Murphy
Counsel Group Lawyer
Orm’s practice focuses on all areas of estates, trusts, wills, powers of attorney and guardianship, with a particular emphasis on mediated and litigated disputes. He has represented a wide range of clients, including individuals, trust companies, and the Ontario Offices of the Children’s Lawyer and Public Guardian and Trustee.
Orm is Past President of the County of Carleton Law Association; Past President of the Thousand Islands’ Association of Gananoque, Ontario and Alexandria Bay, New York; and East Region Director, Treasurer and Past Chair of the County and District Law Presidents’ Association.
Orm has been a guest lecturer at the Law Society of Upper Canada Bar Admission Course, Carleton University, University of Ottawa Law School and Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. He has prepared and presented a paper for the Law Society of Upper Canada Special Lectures 1996, and many other papers for the Law Society of Upper Canada, the County of Carleton Law Family Law and Civil Litigation Updates, and the Ontario Bar Association.
- Queens University, B.A., 1972
- Queens University, LL.B., 1975
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- The County of Carleton Law Association
- The Advocates’ Society of Ontario
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- The Ontario Bar Association
- The Canadian Bar Association