Our Construction Law lawyers in Ottawa, Cornwall, Arnprior and Kingston provide legal services to all elements of the construction industry, including general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, owners, developers and lenders. We provide advice and representation, whether through judicial proceedings, arbitration, negotiation or mediation, in all matters relating to the construction process.
CONSTRUCTION LAW SERVICES
Our Construction Law lawyers provide a variety of services including:
- Advice and representation in relation to the Construction Lien Act
- Advice in relation to construction contract performance including owner, contractor, and consultant obligations, and payment processes
- Breach of Trust claims
- Claims arising from alleged design changes
- Claims for breach of statutory trust
- Claims for consequential damages
- Claims for extras/credits
- Claims for negligence against consulting engineers and architects
- Claims in relation to environmentally hazardous materials and for unanticipated subsurface soil conditions encountered during construction
- Claims relating to warranties, insurance, payment, delay, construction defects and methods of project delivery
- Claims under bid bonds
- Drafting, interpreting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and tender documents
- Labour and material payment bonds
- Lien bonds and judgment bonds
- Performance bonds
- Preparation of contract documentation and related agreements
Our experience allows us to provide clients with effective and practical advice in all aspects of construction law, and develop solutions best suited for their specific needs and circumstances.
OUR CONSTRUCTION LAW LAWYERS
*Designates an Associate Practicing Individually – Not a Member of the Tierney Stauffer LLP Partnership.