Gail S. Nicholls
Counsel Group Lawyer
Although Gail’s practice is primarily devoted to the specialized areas of Wills and Trusts, Estate and Tax Planning, Estate Administration and Wealth Management, she also devotes a significant portion of her professional time to Estate Litigation, Mediation and Arbitration.
Gail has been an instructor at the Bar Admission Course in Estate Planning, has been the Chair and Lecturer at numerous Continuing Legal Education Programs sponsored by the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Institute and the County of Carleton Law Association. She has authored numerous continuing legal education papers and articles, and has lectured in public forum lectures. In 1996, she received the distinction of being invited to participate in the Estate Special Lecture Series presented by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Gail’s community and volunteer work is extensive, having served as Co-Chair on the Advisory Committee on Small Business to the Mayor of Ottawa; President of the Ottawa-Carleton Small Business Council; Vice-President of the Ottawa Women’s Credit Union; Member of the Lawyer’s Advisory Circle to the Community Foundation of Ottawa-Carleton; Chair of the Board of the Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind, and member of the Board of the Perley and Rideau Veteran’s Health Care Foundation.
- Carleton University, B.A., 1964
- Queen’s University, LL.B., 1968
- Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada Practitioner Panel
- Served as a member of the Ontario Council of the Canadian Bar Association
- Past President of the Estate Planning Council of Ottawa
- Served as the Book Review Editor for the “National”
- Published by the Canadian Bar Association