TIERNEY STAUFFER LLP
ACCESSIBLE CLIENT SERVICE PLAN
PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Tierney Stauffer LLP is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities.
Our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices which we have on-site or that we provide which may be used by clients with disabilities while accessing our services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disability and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person is allowed to be accompanied by the support person on our premises.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to service or facilities for clients with disabilities (including but not limited to elevator repairs or malfunction, fire drills, or fire or hydro disruptions), Tierney Stauffer LLP will notify the client promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
This notice will be place in the Reception Area and all the boardrooms.
Tierney Stauffer LLP has provided training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions have been trained:
- Administrative/support staff
- Law Clerks/Legal Assistants
- This training is provided to staff within a month of being hired.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the client service standard
- Tierney Stauffer LLP’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal and/or support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Tierney Stauffer LLP’s services
- Staff will be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the goods or services provided by Tierney Stauffer LLP to people with disabilities can email or telephone.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the Office Manager.
Customers can expect to hear back within 24 hours.
MODIFICATION TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Any policy of Tierney Stauffer LLP that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.